Thursday, October 7, 2010

Looking back and forward

     Our trip has ended but the memories will last a lifetime!  We are slowly returning to normal but our thoughts and conversations continue to process our recent experiences in Europe.  Here are some conclusions we have talked about:
1.   Most people want to help you despite language barriers, time constraints or any other difficulties.
2.   Despite what you may hear on TV, we didn't find any anti-American sentiment in 21 days.
      Everyone we met was cordial and kind.
3.   At times, traveling in a foreign country can be difficult with different languages, customs and
      practices making it difficult to navigate, especially when we were not with our tour group, but it is
      so worthwhile to experience a different culture and way of life.  Ultimately, while it is sometimes
      difficult, it can be done.
 4.  We are very grateful that we were able to travel in Italy, Switzerland, Austria and Germany but it is
       true,  "there is no place like home!"

     Looking forward, I am anxious to begin painting from all my photos, sketches, and memories!  I was able to sketch a little while traveling but my memories and photos will provide the resources to begin recording my "Lasting Impressions" of our adventures.  Here are a few of my quick sketches:

View of Lake Como from Como City

Laglio pencil sketch

Laglio Piazza from the water. (George Clooney's home on the left)

The Alps at Kleine Sheidegg

I plan to start painting my European Impressions as soon as we return from Door County at the end of October.  I will post my paintings on my blog as I complete them.  I would love any critique you wish to offer.  You can press the link back to my blog at the bottom of each post and post your comment  or just reply to me personally.  After posting, I will place each painting on my website http://lastingimpressions4u.net . I have enjoyed sharing our travel experiences with everyone who has subscribed to my blog.  Thank you for being a part of "Judie's World".


    

No comments:

Post a Comment