Tuesday, September 13, 2016

"Bucket List Cruise"

      Once again, I had the opportunity to travel and teach watercolor on another cruise.  This one was a 15 days cruise through the Panama Canal!  Gary and I jumped at the opportunity to see such an important part on our history and to learn more about how it was built.  We weren't disappointed as this special cruise had experts on the subject to enhance our experience.  We visited Cabo San Luca and PuertoVallerta  enroute, as well as a few stops in central America.  All in all, it was a wonderful "bucket trip"  Of course, I had my traveling watercolor block with me and took time to record a few special spots.






















My classes were very interesting because the people on a cruise such as this were interesting.  May from Europe and didn't speak English but art is such a universal language, they all caught on!




















This arched rock is at the entrance to the port at Cabo San Luca.  I snapped a few pics as were were arriving and painted this on the deck.

I saw a lighthouse  going through the canal at the Gatun Locks. Gatun Lake is in the background.  It was a challenge to feature the lighthouse and to include one of the locks at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment