Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Funicular to Brunate


 The weather forecast for Monday said 70% chance rain, so we scrapped our plans to take the boat cruise around the lake.  By noon we could see that they must get their forecasts from the same place as KC!  It was beautiful, so we decided to go back to Como  and take the "funicular" to Brunate.  This is a funny word for  a vertical tram to a mountaintop village. (see picture)
Brunate is at the upper right. The tram
path is a little dark.
The view from the top!
The base of the tram. (funicular)



When we arrived  after our 7 minute ascent to the top, the view was spectacular!  We could see for miles!

 

Brunate was filled with narrow streets that wound around every turn.  The bright sun was creating a "symphony" of shadows around every corner!  I was in heaven with my digital camera recording as I explored.  When we returned to Laglio that evening, I broke out my new sketchbook and markers and recorded my first impression of our adventure in Lake Como!



Sunny street in Brunate

No comments:

Post a Comment