Monday, November 5, 2012

Two Exhibits




Two new exhibits
          As the year draws to a close, I am very pleased to have my work exhibited at two locations, one in Door County, and one in Kansas City.  I have 10 paintings on exhibit in the dining room of "The Cornerstone Pub in Baileys Harbor.  I call the exhibit, "The Quiet Side" as all of the paintings are of sites near Baileys Harbor and Kangaroo Lake.  Winter in Door County is mostly populated by residents, and the Cornerstone is one of the restaurants that stays open all winter.  I hope the "locals" will enjoy seeing familiar landscapes as they dine.  I completed my first "nocturnal" for the show.  I painted the Cornerstone at night this summer with the outdoor patio.

"Night Cap"    8x10





 Scenes of the exhibit in the Dining Room at

The cornerstone Pub.























     

   The second exhibit is entitled "Two Gifts" and it is on display in the hallway of "The Church of the Nativity" in Leawood, Kansas.  It consists of 40 paintings, both watercolors and oils.  I call it, Two Gifts, because it focuses on the work I have done in retirement where the gift of "time" and "travel" are largely responsible for the large body of work.  This is a great space as it is the pathway from the church to the recreation hall where all the receptions, pancake breakfasts and social gatherings take place.  This is the parish where we belong and the parish near the middle school where I taught, so I am grateful to exhibit my work to an audience where I know so many people.



I hope any of you that may be near either of these facilities will stop in and check them out.  The Nativity exhibit will be up until January and The Cornerstone will be on display all winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment