Saturday, February 19, 2011

Seagull Siesta

6x8 Oil on Canvas

      For a land locked couple from Kansas City, our daily walks on the beach are wonderful!  The sounds and smells of the Gulf are exceptional.  I was told that seagulls tuck one foot underneath them when they are resting but I never observed this first hand until the other morning.  A lone seagull was taking a little siesta as we strolled by, with my camera in hand to record it.
     Back at the condo, I still had a lot of nice warm greys mixed from my previous painting so I set up my easel down by the pool and painted this "sleeping seagull".



2 comments:

  1. This sleeping seagull (so glad you had your camera) brought the ocean back to us. The greys are wonderful with the simplicity of this piece. Doug's immediate response, "She is a very talented." That coming from an oil painter. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy traveling with you through your art and commentaries. Love the gull and pencil sketch of bicycle, and I am a big fan of lighthouses! Even have the FDL lighthouse etched on our stone at the cemetery. Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete