Thursday, February 10, 2011

Storm Approaching

                                                                 Oil on Board    8x10

      I am so thankful that I can entertain myself on a cold, dreary day in South Padre Island, TX.  We have been here a week and have experienced a "mixed bag" of weather including an ice storm.  Yesterday we got in a nice long walk on the beach.  It appeared that everyone knew bad weather was coming and this was the last chance to get a walk in for a few days.  I snapped a few shots with my phone as I liked the misty look the approaching front provided.
     Today we were held up all day in our condo.  It was 37 degrees this morning.  I got out my easel and started playing with the photo I took yesterday.  I started with 3 neutral greys and gradually built in a few more colors near the end, repeating my favorite phrase, "less is more" as I finished.

1 comment: