Sunday, June 12, 2011

Art in the Vines

    Take a perfect 73 degree day,  add 30+ artists, wine tasting and music and you have a delightful event called "Art in the Vines" at Somerset Ridge Winery in Louisburg, KS.  The weather was "poetic justice" for this event that was rained out last year.  I was happy to be able to join the "Somerset Ridge" group of painters who met at classes at Artichokes Gallery in Leawood about 3 years ago.  Each artist was invited to display her paintings in the vineyard on the posts and guidewires. What a great looking event!  Patrons armed with glasses of wine, strolled through the vineyard enjoying all types of art.  A young 14 year old girl was next to me selling her art to donate to the Joplin relief fund.  There were several generations represented with grandma and grandaughter sharing a tent.

Strolling through the Vineyards
My "Augusta" paintings fit real well in the vineyard!
    I took the opportunity to set up my Easy L easel and painted the vineyards and the surrounding vista.
What caught my eye was the row of grapevines "dancing" against the dark row of trees behind them.  I kept hearing the song,  "I heard it through the grapevine" as I was painting.



"Dancing Grapevines"
   My daughter, Lisa, and granddaughter Rachel brought their puppy, Chloe out for a visit.  What a wonderful day in the sun!

1 comment:

  1. How delightful Judie! And I love your "Dancing Grapevines"! Lush.
    How A-Musing that you painted to "I heard it Through the Grapevines."

    Hugs from your KG Sister ♥

    ReplyDelete