Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Wheels of Time

" '28 Model T"  16x20

"Tractor Graveyard"  11x14

      While Gary and I  were traveling in April and May, we came across some old cars, trucks and tractors in Wisconsin and Missouri.  We took pictures of them and moved them into my picture file.  I have noticed that several of the winners in recent plein air competitions have been "old trucks and cars".
      I spent some time last week in my studio and decided to give these seemingly popular subjects a try.  I thought if I tried to paint a few of my photos that maybe the next time I saw one while painting in a plein air event like Augusta, maybe I wouldn't be to intimidated to try one.  They were fun to paint and I like the warm and cool color schemes they provided.  What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment