Wednesday, September 1, 2010

AMERICAN SUMMERTIME


16x20 oil on canvas
Welcome to my blog!  I am excited to share my world with my family, friends, and fellow artists.
I have always felt that my ability to paint is a gift and gifts were meant to be shared. Thanks to new technology, this is now a reality.  I also hope this format will encourage me to paint regularly and hopefully get some much needed critiques of my work.  
It seems fitting to begin my blog where I get so much inspiration for my work...Door County.
This is a painting I just completed from a photo I took at Woodwalk Gallery.  Some of my KC painting friends, and I were in Door County for the 4th annual Plein Air Festival.  Several of the invited artists were painting at this beautiful gallery, renovated at an old farm outside Egg Harbor.  The homestead next to the gallery/barn caught my eye with its flag posted proudly and the old tire swing hanging from a nearby tree.  To me, this scene is a part of "Americana" that is timeless...and maybe priceless!

5 comments:

  1. Nice job on your blog Judie, and a very nice painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I used to live in this house! Thanks for inviting me to your blog - great idea. Can't wait to see what comes back from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, Mom! This is such a great venue for you to express yourself through your beautiful paintings and equally beautiful words. :-) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, I love this painting and would like to start the bidding at $1500. I realize that is low, but I am open for negotiation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judie,
    Your blog is awesome! Love the paintings,your thoughts,(put into words)and the whole presentation is so well done! I'm so excited to follow your blog as you travel through the beautiful countryside & villages of Europe! Keep up your fantastic work! Love, Mary Sue

    ReplyDelete