Monday, September 6, 2010

Kangaroo Lake morning


11x14  Oil on board

Every morning that I wake up at Kangaroo Lake in Door County, I could paint this scene (like Monet did with his haystacks) and each of them would be different.  There are no two mornings quite the same on Kangaroo Lake.  The diversity comes from the prevailing winds, the season, and the temperature. It is a shallow lake and some mornings the water is like a mirror and other mornings there are three foot waves.   This morning was calm but the skies said different weather was on its way.  What a great forecaster.  
As I have been preparing to launch my blog, I have followed several other artist's blogs to get ideas.  Several of these artists are full time artists who create their livelihood by painting.  Two of my favorites are Carol Marine and Marc Hanson.  Speaking of Labor Day, these artists are the epitome of a "labor of love."  Reading their daily posts on their blogs is inspiring!  They have created a living doing something they love.  I couldn't wish any more than this for my grandchildren.  Find something that you love to do, make the effort to get good at it, and you will never work a day in your life!  Happy Labor Day! 

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to reserve a chair there and watch the water and sky - you have captured it well.

    ReplyDelete