Friday, September 16, 2016

Door County 2016

 I have been in contact with a friend from college who was in art education with me.  She lives in Oregon in the summer.  In our recent conversations, she has indicated to me that she wanted to learn more about plein air painting, so I looked at our calendar and the Door County Plein air event was the same week as our mutual sorority reunion.
        I invited her to stay with us for the week and we could attend both.  she accepted but said she want to take a workshop on plein air, if possible.  Two of my friends from KC were bringing their KC students to Door Co., and they were teaching a workshop, so we joined them!  We painted with them for 3 days and joined our sorority sisters Sue hadn't seen for 50 years.  All in all, it was a great week!
       
Tammy doing aa demo at the sister Bay dock/
My college friend, Sue and Me at Kangaroo Lake.




My quick Paint entry that was sold at the evening reception.


"End of the Season"  10x20, Painted this after we returned from Door Co. from a photo I took last October.

No comments:

Post a Comment