Monday, September 12, 2016

February on South Padre Island




      We have spent 2 winter on South Padre Island but haven't returned since 2011.  Our son and his family moved to Austin, TX ao we decided to go back to South Padre to visit them along the way and to have them come over to the Island for the Presidents Day Weekend.  We booked a 2BR condo  at Bahia Mar, to accommodate them and we were pleasantly surprised with the beautiful sunrise view we had each morning.

 We got up several mornings and took our coffee out to the lounge chairs provided along the Gulf and enjoyed watching the sun rise!
Had to capture this pleasant experience on canvas!















By day, the views were equally amazing!  I loved setting up my plein air easel and painting the view!



           I found a plein air group to paint with towards the end of our stay.  We are going back next year and I hope to paint with them again.  We went to a channel in Port Lucie where the shrimp boats come in and I enjoyed trying my luck with a colorful one that caught my eye!







I found a little Gallery called  "Seas the Day"  that featured a silversmith and had many artifacts from the island for sale. He had consignment paintings on the wall and I asked him if he would have room for mine exhibit there  He said "yes", so that is where my South Padre paintings can be found.  


s



No comments:

Post a Comment