Saturday, May 7, 2011

Private Estate Event , Augusta, Missouri

When I arrived in Augusta on Monday, April 25th, I was comfortable with the area and ready to begin my first ever, week long plein air painting event.  The first day was called a “Private Estate event.  The location was kept secret until registration in the morning.  After we received our “sack lunch”, we caravaned to a private estate complete with a vineyard, pond, and pastures with two beautiful Arabian horses.  The down side was that it was about 60 degrees and rainy all day.  We all found shelter in the out houses, barns or our cars and proceeded to be inspired by the incredible scenery.  The owner offered to open his garage for me and I saw a beautiful view stretching all the way to the Missouri river, from my sheltered position.  I forgot about the cold and proceeded to the task at hand, create my interpretation of the scene in front of me and to do it in a few hours.  What a challenge!  Here is the results of my first day.


Artists took shelter everywhere!



"View to the River"   You could see all the way to the Missouri River.  I loved the different layers of color
the view to the river supplied, even though the hues weren't bright because there was no sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment